Friday, February 4, 2011

Wow what a week we had in our family.

I continue to work on my priority list, although this week has been a slow one. When I started my New Life Priority List, I was diligent to look over what I had done each day. Now I find that I have to push myself to checkup and it has not happened daily. Like a workout routine, I have to find the determination to push through the though periods for the reward.
I watched my son wrestle, and boy has Michael gotten better this year. He has strength, stamina, and great training. He will be a wrestling monster by the time he is a senior. He has the grades to go with it, push a 3.9 GPA. If they give scholar ships for wrestling his grades and student conduct will bring him into the running (I hope).
There are always things that need to be done on the home front, but I want to take all of my opportunities to live in the moment that I can.
Loralie has been absolutely adorable this week. She loves her book time. She grabs a book and scoots backward then sits into my lap. It is really funny. She is 12 months old and anticipates that when she approaches with a book we will produce a lap I could be doing dishes or have my arms full of laundry and she backs into me with a book in hand and I have to have dropped whatever I have and be sitting in wait before she gets there. If I don’t she looks up at me like her little heart is in her eyes. It melts me every time.
Now for all of you moms out there, why do junior higher have to get all mouthy playing word games, always having a come back?
In my home we have made it through two junior higher, and they quickly moved out of the phase. Now, we have two new junior high students that are trying the same thing. One has been quick for correction, but the other just keeps making bad choices. The consequences are not going to go away, but he acts surprised every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment