Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Tech Pest

Why is it that every time I think we are up and running smoothly something happens to bring us down.

Well in this case the something is me a badly placed cup of coffee in the morning after a long sleepless night resulted in the disabling of my mouse and the ultimately the untimely death of my key board. Loralie is so cute I can’t even say a thing, but while I was cleaning up the desk from the coffee spill she claimed my key board which had been momentarily placed on the ground. She turned it into an instant stage. Stood on its under side, and started to sing twinkle twinkle little star. She can’t actually sing it yet it is more her muming in key while doing the hand motions 
It was so cute.
I search and found our spare mouse and started to reestablish my connection when I realized the keyboard was now out of commission…..As the ting…ting…ting….ting continue I tried to trouble shoot the problem. I finally gave up and stole the keyboard off my hubby’s terminal next to me….
Only thing is that by the time I was up and running again the Boys started to arrive home from school. Systematically over the next week my children’s homework trumped my potential computer use.

Last year it was 4 working computers, and then all of a sudden we found ourselves with 3 computers down……
I found that completely unworkable, picked up a new CPU for my hubby, Under $200, and returned the Acer. It came back to us two months later, but has never been the same.
Yes… we are a two minimum computer household.

So a home made up of two professional people, with two high school boys, two junior high boys, and two younger children I find requires at least the minimum of 2 high function computers, and one less more mobile system….And we are all still waiting for our turn
So, we went shopping and I have to say that I am pleased with this Logitech keyboard and mouse. This is the second time we have purchased Logitech and it has never failed us. They help us keep our system running at an affordable price.
The best part it the simplified design is easy to use and maintain. $30 dollars and we are happy to have once again achieved a wireless keyboard and mouse fully connected Pleased with the outcome
Unhappy about the week it took me to get my systems up and running again.
In large family lingo we were down for 4 written reports, 2 speeches, one wrestling meet, one wrestling tournament, and one fully withered set of crops on Farmville. Which leads two four frustrated grandparents who have lost out on the up to the minute picks and updates about their grandchildren, and 4 tired children who stayed up far too late finishing their homework because they had to wait for their turn to use the done and only working computer system Now the room will turn back into a living room 

No comments:

Post a Comment