Tuesday, March 15, 2011

OUGH My Hormonally driven pre teen was upset about.........

Last Night when Sean, my darling 6th grade sweet heart came home from youth group he realized that we had eaten while he was out. He became reactive, with streaming tears, and full fitfulness. He was disappointed, angry and overwhelmed with emotions. His brothers, who also went to youth group, tried to calm him. He was reminded about all of the things that he did at youth. The fact that they had lasagna at youth did not seem to matter to him. He simply expected us to never eat food that he liked when he was not here.


SO I had to ask myself….Why the over reaction?

I asked him about the youth happenings. I finally got to the bottom line of his overreaction. He was feeling some bad feelings after a ball game that ended in his throwing a ball that injured his good friend. Bottom line he was feeling guilty, angry, and a little picked on (he did throw the ball that caused the injury with intent).

SO for us right now we are starting over again with

Don’t let your hormones get away from you

We have been through this with his older brothers, yet this will most likely be a bit different. Sean has never had the emotional control as his brothers. It is one of those things that constantly cause him troubles. He has the It’s not my fault syndrome….

No comments:

Post a Comment